I was going through the drafts I have never published on this blog and I found this one. 5 memories from the year 2016. I know, I know. It is almost the summer of 2018 so this is super late. Better to get used to this because I have never been someone good with deadlines I give for myself… But hey I have already written this so here are some exceptional memories from my year 2016. I hope you enjoy!
1. First night alone in my first own home. I didn’t have any furniture so I had to sleep on the floor. I only had two blankets and a pillow. It was freezing and too quiet. All I was able to see was the streetlight outside of my window and the beautiful sky. Still, this is not a bad memory but rather a happy one. All I can remember is the amazing feeling of living on my own… New city, new school and me totally alone. It started as an adventure.
2. Completing my first Fiverr gig. And especially getting paid for the first travel article I wrote. Even now after doing this as my full-time job and writing hundreds of paid travel articles for different websites I can’t describe the feeling of earning money with my own writings. This is definitely the thing I want to do with my life. And I will never forget this memory, the unbelievable feeling that someone found my writing good enough to pay for it.
3. Road trip around France’s coastline. Me and two older ladies drove around France’s sunny seaside cities. We left in the early morning and returned after dark. Once again life showed me that traveling and adventuring to new places is my passion.
4. My first school day. I was scared to death because being social has never been my strength. Starting school after a long gap year seemed like the worst decision on that morning. I was staying at a cute hostel and decided to escape there on every break because I didn’t know what to do. It felt like starting the first grade all over again. Later on, I found a lot of friends but also dropped out because school is just not for me.
5. Realizing that my travel blog may be kind of “big deal”. It wasn’t just one moment and I haven’t yet fully understood it. But there have been many moments when someone says something or everytime someone comments on my blog that I realize how my blog has grown out of my hands. I mean I would have never guessed at the start of the year when I wrote my first post that at the end of the year I would have over thousand readers. Isn’t that crazy? (Yes, even now in 2018 with several blogs and thousands of readers this is still crazy…)
Do you have any crazy memories from 2016 (or later years) that you can remember? Or are you like me who forgets posts like this and the publishes them years later? Like always all comments are more than welcome!